BY TIM WALKER Any lingering questions over how aggressively the Trump administration was going to pursue school privatization were answered on March 16 with the release of its FY2018-19 budget proposal. If approved by Congress, federal education programs will...read more
KERN HIGH SCHOOL TEACHERS ASSOCIATION NEA/RA election Timeline 2017 March 9, 2017 Date to publicize vacancies and announce when Declaration of Candidacy forms are due. March 17, 2017 Deadline for submitting Declaration of Candidacy forms to the...read more
Explaining Common Core to CaliforniansWelcome to Explaining Common Core to Californians – a collection of framing research, recommendations, and sample communications designed to help leading voices in California’s education sector increase public understanding of the kinds of instruction, assessment, and systemic supports needed to fulfill the potential of Common Core State Standards.
- Cathy Adams: Bargaining Update
- Happy Holidays from the O’Connells
- Get the 411 on your 911 (Contacts you need today!)
- Spotlight on Unconscious Bias Training
- CTA Teacher Training: LGBT Conference Scheduled
- Common Core Embraces the Arts
- New CTA Member Benefit Highlights 2016/17
The CTA Scholarship for Dependent Children offers a maximum of 35 scholarships up to $5,000 each. The highest scoring applicant is awarded the Memorial Scholarship in Honor of Ralph J. Flynn.